How about "Buy Nothing for 4 Days" or "Buy Nothing for a Week" where you buy nothing except essential food items.
- No coffee, donuts, bagels, cigarettes, alcohol.
- No pop, bottled water, candy, chocolate bars, ice cream, snacks
- No magazines, newspapers
- No shopping
- No gas, taxis. Park the car and walk or take public transit instead.
- Get up in the morning and have a healthy breakfast, cereal and fruit.
- If you are heading off to work, pack a lunch and some fruit.
- No eating out for dinner. Make a wholesome meal for you and your family.
- No going out to the movies. Take a walk or bike ride around your neighborhood.
- Take the dog for a walk.
- Visit the public library, borrow a book or video.
- Invite a friend over or visit a friend or relative.
- Spend some quiet time with yourself or with someone special.
Try it for four days. You will be healthier and happier for doing it. Now make this a habit and your lifestyle. Humanity will thank you for doing it.